Recommended compiler for Python?

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 10:06 -0800, Valo S. Gonzalez wrote:
> and in my Slackware Linux Unleashed 3rd edition there's nothing I
> could find that makes any reference to Python at all.

I would *highly* recommend _Learning Python, Second Edition_ by Mark
Lutz and David Ascher.  It is one of the best language intro books I've
ever read.

Once you've read this, some other excellent resources include:

The online python cookbook
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Cookbook/

**

_Programming Python, Second Edition_ by Mark Lutz and David Ascher

**

Python documentation
http://www.python.org/doc/  (Especially the module index, at least for
me)

**

comp.lang.python newsgroup

**

There's also an offshoot of one of the GNHLUG groups devoted to python.
You can join the (pretty low traffic) python-talk group at
http://dlslug.org/mailman/listinfo/python-talk

HTH.

--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc