Burning SUSE 10 DBD

I'm trying to duplicate a SUSE 10 DVD using my SUSE 9.3 box.  No, I don't want
to copy it to my hard drive and do a network install.  I want the DVD.

K3B insists that my Plextor PX-716A drive won't burn Dual Layer, when I know
for a fact it can.  Some googling found pages grumbling about that drive's
firmware not implementing the API right or some such.  Tried upgrading the
firmware using pxupdate, but pxupdate doesn't see the drive (!!!).

I tried using dd to make an image of the disk, then using growisofs to burn
it, and that sorta worked, in that all the files are there, but the disk isn't
bootable.  I think it was growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvdrecorder=usse10.iso

I tried xcdroast, but the xcdroast that comes with SUSE is crippled.  I
downloaded cdrecord-prodvd and put it in the xcdroast/bin director as
cdrecord.prodvd, but xcdroast never asks me for the security key (that area of
the setup screen is greyed out).  When I tell it to read the the DVD, it says
there's no CD loaded in the read device.

What else can I try?

TIA

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D                 One nation, under Canada....
DK KD                                                         Robin Williams
DDDD