laptop recommendations

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 2:44 pm, Mark J. Dulcey wrote:
> I have no idea whether my system is actually certified for Linux. It
> certainly doesn't say anything about it on the case, and it's primarily
> sold as a consumer product, not a business product, so probably not. But
> it does work, aside from the wireless. I have SUSE 10 installed natively
> (dual-boot). I also have Ubuntu installed to run under VMware hosted by
> Windows XP, which is what I use when I want to use wireless networking.
You will not see any retail Thinkpad, HP laptop or desktop, Dell, or
Gateway/Emachines have any Linux sticker on the case or the box for
contractual reasons. Most of the certifications are on the old side. I
would go to one of the Linux on Laptops sites because you will get some
honesty there,
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Linux Expertise Center (PTAC-MA/TX)