Verizon rant

{This message is labeled Low Priority, if you want to check your mail
client}

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:09:53 -0500, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:

> The cable modem comes with 2 battery slots, but in his case, no
> batteries.

{LOL, quietly, more like COL -- chuckling}

Recently, I swapped a Bunch of Stuff for a binary LED clock (amazing
number of interesting patterns) and a nice APC Back-UPS 650 with a good
battery. Now that I have a[n] UPS (which could power the phone box), what
to do with my phone is once again up in the air -- Verizon's
whatever-they-call-it wide-area (CONUS) untimed residential service, or
Speakeasy VoIP? Right now, it's POTS -- plain old telephone service,
although the CO seemed to ignore pulse dialing that I recently tried
(Citizens Bank auto info.) for the heck of it. (No more possibility of
careful rattling of the "hook switch" to dial 911...)

I still, so far, would recommend Verizon for ADSL. Not an any hurry to
abandon Speakeasy, although they are more costly.

--
Nicholas Bodley  /*|*\ Waltham, Mass. (Not "MA")
The curious hermit -- autodidact and polymath