Any suggestion for Forum/Bulletin Board software

Dave Peters wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Any suggestion for Forum/bulletin Board software for
>Linux?
>
>Thanks

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to set up a mailing
list, my personal favorite is Mailman. If you're looking for a web-based
forum, there are a lot of cloices for wiki and blog software; of the one
I've tried, I personally like TWiki and SquishDot.

If you're looking for a traditional BBS like many of us ran in the '80s
and '90s, my favorite back then was Roman Catacombs (rocat), which was
basically an aternative Unix shell with limited access rights that acted
as a front-end for email and USENET.

    http://mailman.sourceforge.net/
    http://twiki.org/
    http://squishdot.org/