stupid keyboard question

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:23:12 -0400, David Backeberg <dave at math.mit.edu>
wrote:

> I've confirmed that this is a KDE-specific problem.

You might, perhaps, file a bug report; if my previous msg. is any help, by
all means feel free to quote the useful stuff.

Fwiw, German quotes look something like ,,quoted text'', but the closing
quotes are typically shaped like 6's (not 9's), afaik. Opening are shaped
like 9's, afaik. Just possible that somebody at KDE didn't know
commonplace usage of ['] and ["], athough that seems rather hard to
believe.

Best of luck!

--
Nicholas Bodley  /*|*\ Waltham, Mass. (Not "MA")
The curious hermit -- autodidact and polymath