SuSE 9.3 is not seeing my PVR-350 capture card

Hi David:

Your first problems were definitely because of ivtv vs. bttv.

I)B?ve been successfully using the PVR-250 in my gentoo box for the last
year plus. I)B?ve never used any rpms to run the PVR card, however the ivtv
source tarball builds and modprobes beautifully for me.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND downloading the latest stable tarball, (making sure
/usr/src/linux really points to your kernel source tree), reading the very
short install doc in that source tree, and trying to see if that works for
you. Don)B?t bother with any wikis or google until you try that. I think
that note you saw about manually hacking the .h file is way out of date,
because I)B?ve never had to do that. There IS a bit of modprobe craziness,
but some of what you saw may also be outdated.

Now that I)B?ve said don?t read google or wikis, I?ve made a short and
incomplete list of things I)B?ve dealt with on my website:
http://math.mit.edu/~dave/mythtv

Feel free to email me off-list to make specific complaints; maybe I)B?ve
seen your problems before.

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)