The $100 laptop closer to reality

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Brendan wrote:
> I actually have some experience with distance learning...but that's so beside
> the point.
>
> I think you are going REALLY far away from the core points...we were talking
> about cheap laptops and how they planned to implement them.

Great lets sum it up quickly.  Kids who not otherwise be able to learn would
be able to get up to date text quickly.  They would be able to get
enough information to research other subjects and get that information as
well.  It would equalize them and give them an educated out of the poverty
they live in.  That is a good thing - black and white, even implemented
poorly.

I do not think I missed the points, in fact I hit everyone of them.
Society needs people that are able to learn enough to get a particular job
done properly and quickly - the internet helps enable that.  Please pardon
my grammar, although I am college educated, my folks aren't.  When other
students, whose parents were college educated, needed help with subjects
they could get it at home.  Thats a benefit you had,  many do not.  The
internet and computers can benefit those people.  Maybe thats the real
point here.  Enabling someone to get an education where there they
otherwise could not.  Thats powerful stuff.

Anthony