Fc4 Xorg

Jim wrote:
> After all the updates and so forth my desktop icons no
> longer render. No big deal I am just curious if others have
> the same symptoms. On my laptop I have a bigger problem that
> seems python related. None of the Gnome GUI system config
> interfaces will load. And a lot of other services return a
> "import site" failed message. Unfortunately I do not have
> the exact error message since I am not on that machine. I
> know one of the trace back messages was to a .py file.
>
> Well when I get back to that machine I will forward more
> information. My google of the error message indicated that
> this is not a common problem but does occur in relation to
> python programs.

As I understand it, there have been some "issues" with the most recent Xorg
release.  I don't have details, but I've been having problems too: The Gimp
and OOo Writer sometimes just shut down, with no error.  Last night's brief
debugging session pointed to an error in one of the Xorg libraries.  I know
others have had similar problems, and I think they're working on
revisions...
 -Don