FC3 and Xorg update

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:53:59 -0400 (EDT)
"Samuel Donham" <sam at machine15.com> wrote:

> Does anyone use FC3 and have you recently updated the xorg packages?
> I have three computers (HP, Dell, IBM) all with different graphics
> cards, and this weekend I updated them all with the usual "yum
> update."
>
> The only updates that were available were xorg.  Now every computer
> reboots when loading gdm (I think that's what failed?).  I've checked
> /var/log/messages and /var/log/Xorg.0.log but have found absolutely
> nothing to indicate a problem.  SELinux has also been disabled (it's
> been a problem in the past).
> Has anyone else stumbled on this as well?  Hours of research have
> turned up nothing.  I've read that disabling dri and freetype might
> work, but no luck.  Have you found a fix?  If not, I would highly
> recommend NOT updating the Xorg packages for FC3.

I updated an FC3 system last night, but I didn't reboot it yet. I guess
I should try rolling back whatever got updated.

Anyone know where I'd find the logs for up2date? I see a /var/log/
up2date, but it's zero length, and the earlier instances don't contain
any xorg references. And /var/log/yum.log only goes up to Sep 8, and
again doesn't include last night's xorg stuff. I'd like to know what
packages got updated so I can undo the update.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager