Could comcast be blocking port 6667 outbound?

Bill Horne wrote:
| Sorry to butt in, but I'm confused by the various "outbound" vs.
| "inbound" labels on this topic.
|
| Let's agree on a standard definintion of "inbound" and "outbound", so we
| know what direction(s) we're discussing:
|
| 1. Inbound refers to traffic coming FROM comcast TOWARD my machine
| 2. Outbound refers to traffic going FROM my machine TOWARD comcast.
|
| Does that work for everyone?

That's exactly how I use them.  I guess I'd assume that those are the
usual definitions.

What seems really inconsistent is the ways people  use  "upload"  and
"download". I once thought I knew what they meant, but I've seen many
cases where people obviously have the definitions reversed.

Of course, trying to get computer people to agree on  definitions  is
just  asking  for  a  long  flame  war.   I remember years ago on one
project, where I eventually figured out that one problem we  had  was
that  the  unix  and  vms crowds used exactly reversed definitions of
"d[a]emon" and "server". Neither crowd would budge, because they were
right and the others were wrong.  I thought it was funny. I also made
the observation that the unix crowd were obviously using James  Clerk
Maxwell's definition of "daemon", which predates both unix and vms by
a century or so, so by  standard  scientific  precedence  rules  this
should be the accepted usage.  The unix crowd liked this, but the vms
crowd thought Maxwell was quite irrelevant.  ("Who's he?")