Could comcast be blocking port 6667 outbound?

Jerry Feldman wrote:

> I seriously doubt that Comcast is blocking any outbound port. It would be
>
>more believable if they were to block those inbound ports especially if you
>were running an IRC server.
>
>[snip]

Sorry to butt in, but I'm confused by the various "outbound" vs.
"inbound" labels on this topic.

Let's agree on a standard definintion of "inbound" and "outbound", so we
know what direction(s) we're discussing:

1. Inbound refers to traffic coming FROM comcast TOWARD my machine
2. Outbound refers to traffic going FROM my machine TOWARD comcast.

Does that work for everyone?

Bill

--
E. William Horne