Comcast and port 25 blocking

John Abreau wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
>
>> After putting up with this silliness for too long, I have resorted to
>> moving mail in and out of my workstations over SSH tunnels which are
>> very rarely blocked and more secure to boot.
>

> I've been doing the same for years. A nice benefit is I don't have to
> allow relaying for everyone in the same dynamic ip pool as I'm stuck
> in at home. Mail received on the mailserver through ssh is seen as
> coming from localhost, so I can disable all client relaying on the
> mail server.

John, Mako,

Thanks for the suggestions.

My motivation is that I've been running a small distribution list on my
server, for the leaders in my son's Boy Scout troop. Although SSH is a
good idea, I must have port 25 access to the server in order for the
scout leaders to use the list.

Bill

--
E. William Horne