Speakers and topics for future meetings

<quote who="Jerry Feldman" date="Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 09:38:10AM -0400">
> I'm looking for both some topic ideas as well as some speakers for
> future BLU meetings.

I'll be moving into town by the beginning of the month. I'm happy to
speak about any number of things related to Debian, Ubuntu and free
software project management. There is a list of other talks that I've
given in the last couple years here:

  http://mako.cc/talks/

> 2. Legal - I'd possibly like to get someone, maybe from FSF (Free
> Software Foundation), EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation), or some
> other person who has the expertise to speak about the current issues
> around intellectual property and Linux that have been called into
> question by the SCO lawsuits where SCO (specifically Darl McBride)
> is actually challenging the legality of the GPL.  My personal
> interest here is more toward educating the community about Linux and
> the legality to use it without licensing or fear of reprisal.

I have a good idea for this. I'll mail you offlist.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill