Comcast and port 25 blocking

<quote who="Bill Horne" date="Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:56:19PM -0400">
> Somebody please attempt to access port 25 on 65.96.15.101.
>
> I think Comcast may be blocking me again.

After putting up with this silliness for too long, I have resorted to
moving mail in and out of my workstations over SSH tunnels which are
very rarely blocked and more secure to boot.

Mail is delivered to a mail server in the normal way and then moved
over to my workstation/laptop using any number of tunneled protocols
(e.g., pre-authenticated IMAP).

It is sent over another SSH tunnel. Outgoing tunneled mail is usually
as simple as opening a tunnel with something like "ssh -L
2525:localhost:25 outgoing_mail_host" and then setting your local
mailer (e.g., Postfix, Exim, etc) to just deliver to a smarthost at
localhost:2525. It's a single changed answer in a "dpkg-reconfigure"
on a Debian host running Postfix.

Regards,
Mako

--