Say goodbye to Speakeasy

At 07:45 PM 8/7/2005, you wrote:
>How does taking away options, and making it so only utility companies can
>be ISPs, give us more options?
>
>I very much doubt this will benefit the consumer.  The only good ISPs are
>ISPs first, not utilities that also offer ISP.  I would fight long and
>hard before having to rely on my power or phone company for all seven
>network layers.

It gives companies more incentive to develop there infrastructure.  In area
like Boston it will take away a few options; however in other areas of the
country in the long run it will increase the options as companies will have
more incentive to spend the money on there infrastructure.  The technology
that is just coming to fruition is better for people in more rural areas of
the country, the majority of the country.   In the long run I think it will
provide more choice for more people over a larger geographic area.

Perhaps the logic is flawed, I suppose only time will tell...

Anthony

Anthony