Say goodbye to Speakeasy

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 01:33:53PM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
> Gregory Boyce <gboyce at badbelly.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, it looks like the FCC has reclassified DSL as an Information
> > Service, meaning that the phone company no longer is required to share the
> > lines with other providers.
> >
> > http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/media_law_prof_blog/2005/08/fcc_reclassifie.html

> In the strictest sense, ISPs, like Speakeasy, Earthlink, and AOL among
> others could be frozen out. But, this also leaves them open to state
> and local regulation.

Hi Jerry,
I just want to be sure that I understand what you're saying here:
if I have read this correctly, then my understanding is that because DSL
is now classified as an information service, all those who provide DSL
are subject to state and local regulation regarding their DSL offerings.

Is that what you are saying?, thanks

--
speech recognition software was used in the composition of this e-mail
??Ya no mas!