Discuss Digest, Vol 11, Issue 5

What you have below is that root is on a hard disk attached as a slave on
the primary IDE channel the second partition, (or /dev/hdb2).
Note that hd1,0 is the first partition on the device.
Beyond that I don't see anything strange.
It also says that you have another OS (probably Windows) on the first drive.