[Fwd: WSUG TechTips: Red Hat Blues]

Forwarded from the windows boston techtips list.

Bill Horne

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	WSUG TechTips: Red Hat Blues
Date: 	Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:51:17 -0400
From: 	69 Stang <sixtynine_stang at hotmail.com>
To: 	techtips at windowsboston.com

Message posted from the TechTips listserv at WindowsBoston.com.
A "reply" will reply to the sender and not the listserv.
Reply to the group at TechTips at WindowsBoston.com if desired and appropriate.

I'm encountering difficulties trying to install Red Hat. I went to
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html, found a site, downloaded the
ISOs, then burned the ISO as an image using NERO v. 6.3.1.18. The CD boots
the machine, but when I run the CD check it fails. Then I tried copying from
an FTP folder thinking the download might have been the problem. No luck,
same problem. I was told to use something called FreshDownload, but I can't
get that to work. This thing is so hard to install I'm having doubts as to
whether I'll actually be able to use Red Hat. Any suggestions for an
extremely confused first timer? Thank you.

Mattie

-
-