removing a Linux Keylogger

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:57:31AM -0400, Grant M. wrote:
>     The concern here is that I am regularly logging into this
> machine from other machines around the world, and I will have to
> continue to do so.

Another possibility is to bring a Knoppix CD with you and find a
machine you can reboot and still access the internet.  Look for
physical keyloggers before typing--heck maybe bring your own keyboard,
that rollup model keyboard would pack well.  Now you will only have to
worry about keyloggers that are inside the computer, possibly a hacked
BIOS that logs keystrokes, and the cctv camera that is looking over
your shoulder.

Cameras: They are really small and easy to hide.  Someone could hide
one in the ceiling...but that requires manpower to monitor, so you
need not worry unless someone is quite interested in you, and if
someone with money is interested in you, there are *so* many things to
worry about.  Even the sounds of you typing on a keyboard can give you
away (here your own squishy keyboard would make their lives much
harder though not impossible).

-kb