[OT] Does anyone have a spare CDMA Cellphone?

On Jul 6, 2005, at 7:01 PM, Rich Braun wrote:

> no thanks.)  I have no idea how to test these things to make sure
> they're
> unlocked, if anyone knows that would be helpful to post a pointer
> here.  That
> way when a vendor tries to sell you a phone, you could demand that
> it be
> unlocked and that they demonstrate it.

The obvious way is to have a friend who doesn't have the same
provider you are going to use put their sim in the phone and see if
they can place a call, or if you can call them. For example, if
you've got Cingular, have a friend with T-Mobile put their sim in the
phone, or overseas, see if your sim card works in the phone before
buying it.