Wireless SRX technology

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 10:04 pm, trlists at clayst.com wrote:
> Thanks, and agreed on the last point. ?If one does a lot of file
> transfer then the speed can become important in and of itself. ?If it's
> just Internet access then it doesn't matter too much.
Certainly the application should always determine the solution. In the case
of Internet Access, you certainly want the wireless or cable to provide at
least the bandwidth of the connection to the ISP.
Today, residential cable is running roughly 4Mbps with some operators
providing 10Mbps. DSL speeds range from about 56K upwards. (Note the DSL
norm is about 768K).

On Thursday 16 June 2005 7:37 am, Jack Coats wrote:
> Yep, just the point I try to get across to my kids.  Gigabit NIC and hub
> won't make playing games over the open internet any faster :):) ...
> Frustrated parent :):)

Since when did the facts become important :-)
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group