Wireless SRX technology

trlists at clayst.com wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2005 Ted Swoyer wrote:
>

>>One alternative to pulling cables and dealing with wireless dead
>>spots I haven't seen mentioned is networking using the electrical
>>system (sometimes called powerline networks).
>

> Isn't the data rate fairly low on these compared to wireless-g?

The rated speed of the currently available powerline networking stuff is
14Mbps. I don't know what speed it manages in real life.

The other problem with powerline networks is that they can cause
substantial radio interference. If you have a ham radio operator or
shortwave listener in the neighborhood, you might make somebody very
unhappy. It's not as bad as BPL (broadband over power lines) which wipes
things out for miles around, but it's still a nuisance.