Wireless SRX technology

One alternative to pulling cables and dealing with wireless dead spots I haven't seen mentioned is networking using the electrical system (sometimes called powerline networks). I know these have worked in many different situations where pulling cables or getting wireless to cover every desired space has been really difficult or really expensive. Many of the major vendors (Netgear, Belkin, etc.) offer equipment in this space. It doesn't work in all situations but accessing the internet from the end of a 100 foot extension cord is impressive. Most of the modules provide some level of encryption so that you neighbors can't listen in. Also, the vendors offer transition modules so that you can add wireless hotspots to the electrical system network. I know someone who installs these if anyone is interested (I am not in any way affiliated--just someone I know).

Ted