bounced emails

Thanks,

Also, could it be that it sits on the exchange server and,
periodically checks the server that initiated the email?  If,
this makes any sense.  Where can we configure this, within
sendmail.cf?  If so, what is the paramter=value, is
configurable?

Antoinette

--- Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
> In general, when the server is unable to deliver a message,
> the MTA places
> it into a queue, and attempts delivery periodically which is
> configurable.
> In general an email will remain in the queue for several days
> (postfix
> default is 5 days).
> On Thursday 26 May 2005 11:29 am, Howard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to fix the problem of a particular email bouncing
> > back.  I'm using AIX v5.1.  I thought I had found the issue
> but,
> > apparently, it's still trying to deliver.  For the
> particular
> > address in question, there was a .forward file out there for
> > this user.  I thought I had deleted the user then, found
> that
> > the directory was still there, with the .forward in tact.  I
> > deleted this file.  One of my questions are the server
> attempted
> > to send the file on 5/23 and, I just deleted this file
> > yesterday.  Would it still keep trying to this email until
> it
> > exhausts itself?  Or, what?
>
> --
> Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
> Boston Linux and Unix user group
> http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9
> PGP Key fingerprint:053C 73EC 3AC1 5C44 3E14 9245 FB00 3ED5
> C506 1EA9

Peace,

Antoinette

Read more books black people,
Always hope for the best and prepare for the worst,
You may not get what you pay for,
But you'll surely pay for what you get.
--Maya Angelou