My mail server overhaul -- yet another topic KILLED

From: Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org>
> My experience has been that people often complain about Program A
> because it doesn't do X, Y, and Z; when in fact it does all of the
> above.

And my experience is that whenever you are among the first to chime in on a
message thread here on the BLU list, especially with a back-and-forth
flamefest, everyone else tunes out and no one gets to learn anything.

You've killed this topic.  One that I find very interesting, alas.  If anyone
else finds it an interesting topic or wants help with configuration
suggestions (be they sendmail, postfix or exim):  email me.

Thanks.  Next time, count to 10, wait a day and try to hold back with your
criticism.  I never said anything negative about sendmail, I just said "out
with sendmail, in with exim" without saying why or lamenting anything awful
about it.

Harrumph.  Now everyone can get back to their regularly-scheduled technical
discussion, on other topics I suppose.

-rich