Surprises on your disk

David Kramer kommented:

| Before we go any further, I do NOT have any kiddie porn anywhere in my
| house, on my server, or even in my brain.

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure of that.  Some time back  I
worked up a demo:

http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/demo/ImgPreload.html

If you ever run  a  browser  with  any  scripting  enabled,
including  javascript  or  activeX, your disk may very well
contain a number of files that you've never seen, but which
could  be used against you in court.  It might be difficult
to convince a typical juror that you  didn't  intentionally
download them.

Of course, I'd expect that a fair number of people on  this
list to be familiar with the topic.  If not, you're welcome
to nab a copy of my two demo pages. Learn how they work, so
you can explain them to others.

There are a number of other such demos around on the Web.