x2x

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 13:43 -0400, Derek Martin wrote:

> I'm not trying to bring up a desktop, either.  As I said, I'm sitting
> in front of several machines.  I want to take advantage of the fact
> that I have 4 LCD panels sitting in front of me, and USE all that
> screen real estate...  I just don't want to have to use 3 keyboards
> and mouses[1] to do it (one of the machines is dual-headed).

Hi Derek,

Have you tried Xdmx?

  http://dmx.sourceforge.net/

It can supposedly turn your 4 LCDs into a single, unified ("wall of
monitors") X display system.

And, Xdmx is included in the latest Xorg RPMs for Fedora Core 3.  So it
might be available in a convenient pre-built binary package for other
distros, too.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD