ssh issues

On Monday 28 March 2005 10:04 pm, Gregory Boyce wrote:

> If setting the keepalive to yes does not work, you might want to try
> adjusting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time on either the server,
> your local machine, or both.
>
> I've found that the default value isn't frequent enough to keep the
> connection from timing out when I'm at work.
I had set the sshd keepalive on the server last week and I was able to test
my connection this weekend. I can connect to the old server and remain
alive indefinitely, but my connection to the new server from home is still
timing out. Yes, my connection from work seems not to time out.

--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)