Interesting spam test

dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 01:26:13AM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
>>I testted this all out, and there's only one problem.  If the message is
>>reported as spam, spamassassin will wrap the message in mime and put the
>>"Spam detection software, running on the system..." message in front of it.
>>   If you decide that it was NOT spam, then you would have to copy/paste
>>the original mail into a new mail and you lose the sender.
>>

>>Can you think of a way around this problem?  What do you think of the
>>technique otherwise?  It seems like it would place a much lower load on the
>>system, and you don't need tricks to get it to not do both ingoing and
>>outgoing mail.
>
> man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>
> /add_header
> /rewrite_header
> /report_safe
>
> -dsr-

Yes, I did RTFM.  However, that's a site-wide configuration.  I'm only
trying to eliminate it on these emails that I'm piping through spam* to feed
to Mailman.

I might just go with it anyway and ignore this problem.  False positives
should be kinda rare.

Oooh. if I use spamassassin instead of spamc, I can specify an alternate
config file!  OK, I'll play with that.  Thanks.