Mount remote ntfs partition?

I should have been a _bit_ more specific.   I am very aware of
smbclient, but have simply not seen it implemented in a rescue or
startup boot medium, such as floppy or CD.   My only experience with
Samba has been on a production system.

So, the task now is to find a bootable Linux medium (floppy or CD)
which will allow me to decide between dhcp or static addressing, then
let me log in via smbclient and mount a share via smbmount and
finally, I can perform the imaging via dd.

Leads?   I came across neonbox.org's nanobox but the floppy image
created under Windows would not boot on the laptop I'm working on.
I'm downloading Knoppix and will explore it a bit more, too (I've
played around with it but not really in-depth).

Scott