Emacs mode for "Do what I say"

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 March 2005 3:01 pm, David Kramer wrote:
> > I'm trying to edit plain text files with text-mode emacs ssh'ed into my
> > server.  The document is an outline, indented with tabs.  I cannot find a
> > mode that will let me pres tab and actually insert a tab, instead of some
> > spaces.  Bonus points if it indents to the same level as the last line.
> >
> > I found indented-text-mode, but if you enter a line with another line
> > above it, it indents to the next space with spaces instead of a tab.
> have you tried using ctrl-I.

Robert La Ferla suggested fundamenta-mode, which seems to be doing pretty
much what I want.

^I does the same thing as TAB: it will indent to the next space on the
previous line if that's what the current mode is set to do.

DDDD   David Kramer Partner, Agile Rules          http://www.agilerules.com
DK KD  162 Marett Road  Lexington, MA 02421       davidk at agilerules.com
DKK D
DK KD  Specializing in coaching and development in Agile/XP practices
DDDD   and embedded software development