Small Open Source projects attn: Gordon Marx

On Friday 18 March 2005 1:29 pm, John Chambers wrote:

> Hmmm ...  maybe we should take a closer look.  Did the function names
> come before or after the args? If the latter, then it wasn't Lisp, it
> was Forth.  And that oughta be good for another joke or two ...
Forth does not have function names, it has words. Lisp is an older language
that actually predates computers.
Note that the Jewish Torah (5 books of Moses) is written in Hebrew with no
vowels. The same is true for Lisp. The parens were added by humans to make
it easier for computers to parse.

One must remember that programming is the worlds oldest profession.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group