Command line build tools

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 8:25 am, Kevin D. Clark wrote:

> lex, yacc, lint, javadoc, lemon, makedepend, strip, ar, ranlib,
> {special invocations of the compiler to deal with templates},
> {invocations of the compiler with warnings turned on}, {special
> invocations of the compiler/linker to create shared libraries},
> buildgrep (attached), and, of course, sed, awk, and perl.
Thanks Kevin,
The compiler stuff is already done. I think that lex and yacc might be good
topics especially since I was the DRI for Lex and Yacc for Tru64 Unix for a
few years as well as lint. Additionally, lint has been deprecated, and
might be a good tool to clean up existing code, but it unfortunately falls
down on 64-bit issues, except ofn Tru64 Unix where we added a lot of stuff
for 32-bit to 64-bit conversions.

--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)