Writer's block

To anyone who says that writing software is nothing like writing a book
has never experienced programming writer's block.

I think it comes from that point where is feels like the project has gone
on longer than it should or has become so uninteresting that your mind
seeks any destraction it can in order to avoid actually thinking of the
problems involved.

The worst part is when you have things you want to get too, but you need
to complete the task at hand in order to move on. But you can't move on
because your brain sits quietly sucking it's thumb, refusing to cooperate
on any level, or worse yet like a small child screaming "no no no" in a
quiet restaurant to the chagrin of it's parents.

Just thought I'd share that with you. Writing software is hard. It's like
writing books that need to function.

Anyone else have this problem? What do you do to get around it?