Cheap local colocation

> --- discuss-request at blu.org wrote:

> > Message: 1
> > Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:48:58 -0500 (EST)
> > From: Ben Jackson <bbj at innismir.net>
> > Subject: Cheap local colocation
> > To: discuss at blu.org
> <Pine.LNX.4.53.0503021536380.32666 at motoko.innismir.net>
> >
> > This topic gets rehashed here every so often, and
> > it's been a while, so
> > let's toss it out here again.
> >
> > I am looking for colocation space for 1 (possibly 2)
> > 1U servers. Nothing
> > fancy, just space for a couple of servers that need
> > hosting for light to
> > medium usage. I vaguely remember someone on list (or
> > maybe it was
> > one of my others) having a colocation service that
> > is geared toward
> > smaller users. But I am curious if anyone else here
> > has their 'personal'
> > servers colocated, and if so, where and how much.
> >
> > Thanks!

The LUG I belonged to in Cleveland, Ohio (clevelandlug.org) had a UML coop set up.  I know this isn't the same as colo.. but I wonder if anything like that is going on around here.  If someone was able to colo somewhere, or find a UML-friendly colo, I would be willing to contact them and maybe initiate the same kind of thing here with BLU.  UML means User Mode Linux, in this sense.

see http://uml.opencosultancy.com/

for lots of info

--
Chadwick