Cross Platform Groupware and PBXs

On Mar 1, 2005, at 11:43 AM, dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:
> If you don't want to maintain your PBX, Asterisk is not for you.
> Asterisk is for uber-control-freaks, telephone geeks, and sysadmins who
> think nothing of learning another complex system.

This is kind of what I expected.

On Mar 1, 2005, at 12:52 PM, Ed Frankenberry wrote:
> At the opposite extreme, you can have the VSP vendor manage
> everything remotely.  Here's an example from Packet8
> (sort of the VoIP equivalent of Centrex!):
> http://packet8.net/about/virtual_office.asp

This solution sounds a bit _too_ managed.

Are there turnkey PBX's out there that we can _buy_, rather than
license, and maintain ourselves but without a major hassle? Does anyone
wrap Asterix? I guess I'd like the 'SuSE or Mandrake' of Asterix,
instead of the LFS or Linspire versions, if that makes sense

-Josh