Cross Platform Groupware

Hi Guys,

Until we get a real sys-admin, I seem to be serving in that role at my
new company. Currently, we have an xserver managing our user accounts,
email, and mailing lists. I really like the xserve, but I'm starting to
think we need some form of groupware system. The trick is, we need
something cross platform. We have Linux, Mac, and Windows boxes here,
and I am loath to impose any sort of order on the client machines until
absolutely necessary.

The trouble is, I'm having a hard time finding good groupware
solutions. Exchange is out of the question, because its MS, because its
expensive, and because it sucks. I know there is Kolab, Citadel/UX, and
the other projects supporting GroupDAV, but making sense of all this is
getting tricky.

Ideally, this system would be supported by Mozilla, Firefox/Sunbird,
KMail, Evolution, Outlook, Entourage, and Mail.app. At the very least,
it needs to be supported by some client on each platform.

Does anyone have any experience with setting up a system in such a
heterogeneous environment?

-Josh