logic question

Hello,
I have postfix/spam assassin/redhat es4.0
I'm stumped on how to seed the bayesian database. The corpus @ wiki is old (don't want to seed it with email from 2004), and I am using this machine as a gateway to an exchange server. So by the time the email gets to the exchange server, It's useless to me. My question is how to get the spam back on the gateway for processing. Do I just take spam from users and write rules accordingly? I'm a little lost at the best way to approach this. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Bill