Data recovery lessons?

I've had a big interest in learning the techniques involved in data
recovery, including deleted files, crashed hard drives, RAID setups,
unreadable floppy disks, etc.   I've left messages over the last few
months with a place local to me, but they haven't returned calls, so I
presume they are not interested in showing me (or anyone?)

I'd be happy to volunteer somewhere on a Saturday, or multiple Saturdays,
just to learn.   Do any classes or good books teach the practice?   I do,
ultimately, want hands-on (or at least watch someone else perform the task
and I watch).

Thanks for any leads.

Scott