LinuxWorld brainstorming

David Kramer wrote:

> It turns out that we will have electricity in the BLU booth (booth
> 1333, by the way), and possibly even internet access.  But what to do
> with it?
>
> Ideally, I would like to have a laptop in the booth with one or more
> Linux distributions on it.  Some cool apps and games.  Maybe even
> Christoph's ski video.  Since I'm going to need my laptop for the
> classes, I can't volunteer mine, would someone else be willing to lend
> us theirs?

I have a Zenith Z-Note MX that's not being used. It'd be a great way to
show people how Linux can revive legacy hardware. ;-)

> Also, I'm trying to think of things to give away.  Maybe some Linux
> live CDs, or rescue CD's.  Or maybe documentation, like the LDP.
> Would anyone be willing to make them, and get reimbursed for the media
> costs?

I'll be happy to burn 10 or 20 CD's: I suggest we use a CD-Based distro
such as Knoppix, but I don't like having to change the language on every
boot. Suggestions?

> What about case badges or Tux
> pins?http://www.scotgold.com/acatalog/ScotGold_Catalogue_Linux_Tux_Stuff_2.html
>
> http://www.securisysagency.com/linux_tux_case_badges.html

I don't think those sorts of gewgaws are worth the $. Visitors remember
people, not objects: if we impress them with our attitude, they'll
remember the BLU.

Bill

--
E. William Horne