to linux or not to linux...

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 11:23, Bob Gorman wrote:
> At 12:11 PM 12/20/2004, Brendan wrote:
> >Or, PCLinuxOS
> >http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos/html/bittorrent.html
> >It builds on Mandrake, and has quite a bit of extra "stuff" added,
> > including an excellent apt-get, Java, flash, etc. Stay current with
> > updates too.
>
> Nice to find a CD-bootable distro with nvidia drivers. I was able to get my
> laptop up in 1600x1200 mode.  Thanks!

All part of the evangelism.

Last night, I got a clients machine running in some weird mode with a
widescreen 15.4 inch screen. It handled it without a hiccup. It's quite
impressive for a one-man distro.

I am sticking with Mandrake on my desktop though, since I know it better, and
really, that's what separates the good from the bad. RH may work better for
some guy who knows it, rather than him switching to something "Better" that
he doesn't know.