Evolution

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 3:13 pm, David Hummel wrote:

> It's generally a bad idea to give a script the same name as a system
> command (unless it's some kind of wrapper for that command, and even
> then be careful).  Just add .sh, .bash, .pl, whatever.
I actually discuss this in the Linux course I teach.
If you noted, the name of the script is Kill. Yes, kill.sh would work very
nicely too, but Kill is more into the Unix paradigm where every command
should be a few letters to type as possible. (Comes from my ASR33 days).
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)