[blu] broadband phones?

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, William D Ricker wrote:

> view. And no, GPS phone doesnt help much.

Okay - I'll bite; why doesn't it.  I think POTS is over priced and for
the vintage of tech that it is, so why should I pay for it?  I have had my
cell phone for three years and its reception has only gotten better, also
the one time I need to call 911 when I saw bad wreck they knew
exactly where I was.  The only valid gripe I see is power, in which
emergency generators can be put in place for the tower.

POTS needs to go - its old, overpriced, and requires to much overhead to
maintain it.

Anthony