[blu] Re: [blu] Re: OT: Open source voting machines and other gizmos (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 01:56:27PM -0500, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:41:52PM -0500, Ben Jackson wrote:
> > > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > >
> > > I do need to get off my rear and buy one of those, I'm sick of stopping at
> > > the Tobin to pay tolls.
> >
> > Had one almost since the beginning.  Wait until you start getting
> > letters hitting you with $55 fines because their equipment
> > is screwed up.  Its a real laugh riot.
>
> My dad uses one way to much almost everywhere (Turnpike, Tobin, and
> Sumner) ever since the thing came out and he has never gotten a letter.
> Perhaps it is a PESWAS (Problem Exists Between Steering Wheel and Seat)
> error? ;)

Unlikely - They admitted it was their equipment every time.  (Each time
it glitches many people all get incorrectly fined at the same time,
so by the time your required, "in-writing-with documentation" response
hits them, the people who process them already know about the glitch and
its "oh, yeah- no problem", except for the time you have to waste
pulling everything all together.

> I'm 100% against elimination of because, it correctly targets those who
> use the road, as opposed to those who don't.

Sure and paying ten times more than is needed to maintain the major E/W
Interstate for MA doesn't affect the cost of anything you buy in MA.

....right....   sigh.

Tell you what, the next time you want to buy a car, I can get you a
much better deal, just sign this lease agreement right here.... :)

--
Linux/Open Source.  Your base belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"

~
~
~
~