printer install

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 4:53 pm, Tony Lambiris wrote:
> I use gmail and I definitely got a blank email as well.
The email is not blank, but the MIME headers make it invisible. Here is the
text for those of us who got blank emails from Dan:
just installed a new printer, hp psc1315xi, on compaq
evo n1015v, running fc2.  printer (using hp1310 driver)
works fine, scanner not found by xsane.  set permissions
on /dev/usb/scanner0 to 666, FWIW.

dmesg gives:
  hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
  hub 2-0:1.0: 4 ports detected
  usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
  drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional
    printer dev 2 if 1 alt 0 pr
  oto 2 vid 0x03F0 pid 0x3F11
  usbcore: registered new driver usblp
  drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver

any suggestions as to what i need to do to get the scanner
to function?  tia.

dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave #2