[blu] Re: OT: Open source voting machines and other gizmos (was Re: Comcast and SORBS)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:23:10AM -0500, Gordon Marx wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:15:26 -0500, Bob George
> > > I think we should start smaller. How about an open-source toll booth
> > > system to replace the dysfunctional stuff (manned and unmanned) in use
> > > along the 'Pike?
> >
> > Um...why?

*snips non-techie reasons*

All your concerns can be addressed by the current existing system. The
system is rated at 55MPH (FL uses the same system and I think their
toll speed limit is 40MPH) the problem is just that  MA has decided to
make triply-sure they get their pound of  flesh. Don't blame the system,
blame the beancounters.

I do need to get off my rear and buy one of those, I'm sick of stopping at
the Tobin to pay tolls.

Also, you'll never eliminate the human system, as their are luddites and
out-of-state users who use our highways and don't have the transponder.

				~Ben

--
/"\  Ben Jackson
\ /  bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/