Upgrading BIOS?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 11:53:21PM -0500, miah wrote:
> Freedos?  Also, google for 'dos boot disk' and you find tons of dos
> boot disks on the net.  But freedos should work.

That's only a half-answer, since Rob stated he doesn't have a floppy
drive in the system.

The rest of the answer is that yes, it should be possible to create a
bootable CD with a DOS boot image on it (at least I think so).  I
haven't done this myself, but mkisofs -b <bootable_floppy_image_file>
should basically do the trick for you.

For more details, see the man page for mkisofs, and probably also of
help would be the CD recording howto. Any decent web search engine
should turn up an appropriate link quickly...

-=-=-=-=-