fetchmail on Solaris

I've done consulting for this one company, part of which entailed
maintaining an email-based transaction processing system.  Emails come in,
sendmail pipes it through the perl script that enacts the transactions and
pemail sends a response email.

They don't have any UNIX geeks there, and want to move away from sendmail.
They are going to use http://www.webmail.us for their email hosting, and
want to figure out how to make the script work with it.

My first guess is that we should install fetchmail on the Solaris box.
Looks to me like I can use the -m option to have fetchmail pipe the
mail to the script exactly as it exists now.  If I can do that I don't
think I need sendmail at all.  Is that the case?

If I tried to do this, though, wouldn't I still need sendmail so the
outgoing mail to the wemail.us server?

My plan B, then, would be to use fetchmail to get the mail from webmail.us
and forward the email to the local sendmail, which will then do the same
exact voodoo that it do now.  Outgoing I need to tell sendmail to send to
webmail.us, I guess.  That's the SmartHost feature, right?

Thanks, and sorry for rambling a little.  I'm still a little fuzzy on my
options.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Live long and prosper.   - Vulcan proverb
DK KD  And eat well.            - Jewish addendum to Vulcan proverb
DDDD   Feast on your enemies!   - Klingon interpertation of Jewish addendum