install problem with SATA, Redhat couldnot find the dirver and harddrive

I don't know that controller, but a good test is to try the most recent
version of Knoppix you can get your hands on:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html

If it can detect and support your controller it will, and you should be
able to find out the name of the driver you will need. If it can't support
your controller, you will have a command line, and you can tell us what
you get with the command "lspci".

Definitely avoid installing Redhat 9, as it's obsolete, and try to get a
distribution based on a 2.6 kernel, which would possibly rule out RHEL,
but not sure about that. If you're rather new to Linux you might like
Mandrake.

  --
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)
Network Staff Assistant